Underseal day

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

Underseal day

Postby Delboy69 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:03 am

Hi folks hope we are all keeping well in the current climate!
Finally booked my NC in for undersealing next weekend with preserve and protection up in Johnstone,lets hope there are no nasty surprises when they start so wish me luck lol
Next job on the list is getting the cash together to refurb and get new tyres on a set of 17" wheels i got then that should be me for a wee while
Stay safe folks
Delboy69

Re: Underseal day

Postby IanH » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:16 pm

Good to hear, you’ll feel better when it’s done!
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby Delboy69 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 pm

After having a quick look underneath when i was clearing the drain holes im positive i will feel a lot better once it is done lol,but if cash to pay in one go but worth it in the long run
Delboy69

Postby GarryC » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:51 pm

I had my 08 done a few months ago, it was rusting underneath so they spray a rust curing product on it to stabalise the rusting process then apply the underseal, as you say it is a lot of money at the time but if it keeps the rust at bay it's worth it.
I recon they do a good job, but without seeing what other companies do I just went with the recommendations they have got on the forums.
GarryC

Postby Delboy69 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:08 pm

That's what i done as well,took advice from the forums etc,had a look at his website and after having a chat with him i bit the bullet plus he is only half an hour up the road from me,will hopefully save cash in the long run
Delboy69

Postby Bob the Train » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:13 am

You won't regret it. They do a very good job. Dinitrol, not Waxoyl. How will you manage with the current situation?
Bob the Train
OC Member
Bob McNair
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Delboy69 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:32 pm

I would imagine i will just drop the car off and have a chat with him while keeping a safe distance,the wife is there to run me back home so she will have to stay in the car,that way she won't here the true price,especially as next one the list is a wheel refurd and new tyres for the 17" alloys i picked up :lol:
Delboy69

Return to General Chat