Long shot!!!!

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Long shot!!!!

Postby L111CHT » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:08 am

But...does anyone here have a supercharged mk1 with abs? :?
L111CHT

Re: Long shot!!!!

Postby IanH » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:02 pm

Quite a long shot I’d think, can’t remember seeing one of those anywhere in quite some time.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby OldSpice » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:28 pm

Nor I Ian.
Perhaps Malcolm, who might still have his 'Ol Yeller FI'd Mk1 can assist.
Other than that, perhaps the boys in Miata.net can help.
There will always be an imbecile you never bargained on within slapping distance.
You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public
OldSpice

Postby drumtochty » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:31 pm

Malcolm just left this morning for a fortnight in Spain with his wife and twins.

Their dog is here for it's holidays.

His turbo Mk1 is in storage near Stonehaven,

What is the question and he can get back to you when he gets back from holiday if the answer you need can wait.
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red Sold
18 Mk4 2.0 GT+
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby L111CHT » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:51 am

Well.... Ideally I need a look at the plastic air intake piping that connects the air filter and sensor to the throttle body because the one in the kit I have doesn't fit my car. It fouls the abs unit. :cry:

Moss used to do an adaptor pipe kit for the Jackson Racing M45 supercharger to fit cars with abs but this has long been discontinued and I'm stuck. Think I'll need to sell the charger :(
L111CHT

Postby mgrays » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:12 am

I did a bit of digging around on the 'net but cannot find any images. From memory the Moss pipe was just a silicon hose that squished into place and was not a perfect solution. I have used MK Performance on Fleabay to make a custom hose for £15 before, so possible to do if you work out what you need.

There are a few contacts I might dig up to find out more if you are still interested. I am guessing a 1.6NA with cold side M45 supercharger and ABS is what you have?

Guess there would be the questions of fixes that the JR system needs too.. fueling/timing control, belt slippage and bracket cracking .. but if you have the time and skills all is possible.

I have your gearbox still as a spare .. and an ex JR hotside S/C engine from Findlay/Mr Caber Coffee (with welded up boss where the SC broke it)
Malcolm GS
94 JLtd2 FM2
mgrays

Return to Technical