ND2 Eternal Blue 2.0

Place your inspirational photos here for all to admire.

ND2 Eternal Blue 2.0

Postby IanH » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:46 pm

Picked this up yesterday, how best to describe it, just like an MX-5 only faster :D

Out of the box the grip and handling is excellent, I don't feel any need to lower or currently to have a specific alignment applied, will give it some miles and revisit that.

Apart from the fact I have moved from a 1.5 to 2.0 there are a few noticeable differences spotted so far:

- i-stop, stop/start as with many cars today.
- i-eloop, regenerative energy system, fills a capacitor to power electrical systems from recovered energy rather than requiring engine load to do so.
- redesigned cup holders, my wife doesn't find it intrusive into the passenger tunnel, they may not end up in the back of the garage this time.
- redesigned sun shades, I believe some people managed to break the ND1 ones.
- hood design modification, the addition of a rain deflector strip above each door.

IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Re: ND2 Eternal Blue 2.0

Postby Enjay » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:54 am

Very nice, very nice indeed. I knew there were some quite significant changes for the ND2 but I didn't realise that i-stop and i-eloop were part of that.

Did the side reflectors come as standard? So much better than the body-coloured filler panels IMO. Those just scream "something is meant to be here".

It seems a petty point, but I wouldn't mind seeing what the revised cup holder situation is like.

Any mods planned?
Enjay

Postby IanH » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:55 am

Enjay wrote:Very nice, very nice indeed. I knew there were some quite significant changes for the ND2 but I didn't realise that i-stop and i-eloop were part of that.

Did the side reflectors come as standard? So much better than the body-coloured filler panels IMO. Those just scream "something is meant to be here".

It seems a petty point, but I wouldn't mind seeing what the revised cup holder situation is like.

Any mods planned?

I had the side reflectors on the ND1 (not standard) and moved them to the ND2, they stand out better on the blue.

Pop around to see the cupholders if you'd like, I'm in London until Wednesday.

Mods will be the Good-Win Super Street I had on the ND1 added and the Grille, apart from that I'm not feeling like anything else is required at the moment.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby IanH » Mon May 06, 2019 8:09 pm

Day 8 - Just back from a 2 day road trip, Mallaig and back via a selection of Scotland’s great roads. Great opportunities to assess the squirt and go overtaking capability and to push the handling, ride, road holding and steering.

The engine is loosening up nicely and the power delivery is strong and linear, pick up and go is unlike any other unfettled 5 I have driven.

Handling and road holding is really quite impressive out of the box (as it should be), precise, neutral, goes just where you point it and grip from the bridgestones supports this.

Ride on the bilsteins is comfortable enough, reminiscent of the NC sport and certainly not overly harsh as suggested in some reports.

Steering is nicely weighted and returns to centre, early ND’s didn’t tend to do this. The tilt and rake adjustment for the first time in an 5 is a nice to enable that perfect position.

The car car now has 670 ish miles and is sitting on a lifetime average of 47.4 mpg, amazingly this is pretty much the same as my 1.5 was at after 22,000 miles.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Postby chillax » Fri May 10, 2019 2:04 pm

Looks really sweet in that colour. Its funny that i didnt really like the ND when they first launched, but theyve really grown on me since. Would love one myself if i had the cash.
All that fun and 47mpg.....win win in my book!
chillax

Return to Photo Gallery