MX-5 20TH ANNIVERSARY - Exceptionally low miles

Chat about MX-5s, the life and the universe.

MX-5 20TH ANNIVERSARY - Exceptionally low miles

Postby sas268s » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi,

Looking for some advice...Due to house move, very reluctantly I am going to have to sell my MX5 later this month.

Spec:

Built to commemorate 20 years of MX-5 production this is no. 33 of only 200 with factory fitted body decals. This extremely rare ‘Saltire’ edition (in my research and opinion it’s the lowest edition in Scotland?). Stand-out additional equipment featured on this Anniversary model includes 10-spoke 17-inch alloy wheels with a unique silver finish, front fog lights, chrome trims (around the grille, headlamps and fog lights), body-coloured roll bars and a supporting strut brace. Inside, the stainless steel scuff plate features a unique ‘20th Anniversary’ logo and limited edition number, premium ‘20th Anniversary’ branded floor mats, Crystal White Pearlescent dashboard, aluminium pedal set and air-conditioning.

2010, 10 Plate, 2 Doors, Convertible, Petrol 1.8-litre with five-speed manual gearbox in Crystal White Pearlescent. Featuring electric and heated door mirrors, electric windows, remote central locking with deadlocks and remote boot release. This Limited Edition model also boasts a leather steering wheel, gear knob and hand-brake, plus an MP3-compatible Radio/CD audio system with six speakers, steering wheel controls and an auxiliary (AUX) input jack for MP3 and iPod connection.
The car condition is exceptional as dry use only. It has very low miles and still retains some of the original shipping plastic from delivery. I have owned the car since brand new (purchased from Brown Brothers in Peebles) and it has been garaged its entire life. It’s clocked up ONLY 8,590 miles.

Detailed history file including original invoice, un used spare key, original sales brochure, both keys still have Brown Brothers fobs attached along with every previous mot certificate and tax disc from new is also present, full un used tool kit, even has Brown Brothers original tax disc holder still attached. Fastidiously looked after, comes complete with MX-5 tailored car cover. Unlikely to be another in existence, this car will satisfy the fussiest of purists - MUST BE SEEN. Private registration plate will be removed.

Where do members think is best to sell / advertise the car?

It’s a very Scottish specific car with the decals and would love for the car to go a purist or enthusiast who would look after it and enjoy a brilliant car.

Any suggestions or heads up for those looking for an MX5 that is different (I real head turner) feel free to get in touch.

With thanks & best, Stephen
sas268s
OC Member
Stephen Stewart
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: MX-5 20TH ANNIVERSARY - Exceptionally low miles

Postby OldSpice » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:39 am

Oc forum, this forum, Pistonheads, and local press.
You could also do it through a dealership and pay them an agreed commission given the condition it's in.
It's not unknown.
Avoid Gumtree, Autotrader in my opinion..with reasons.
There will always be an imbecile you never bargained on within slapping distance.
You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public
OldSpice

Postby drumtochty » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:10 am

At the present moment you can get £4k off a pre registered new MX5 as there is a stock of cars that are not able to meet the new emmision tests.

There are loads of secondhand MX5's that are not selling as they are too near the price of the new MK4's and in certain cases Mk3 cars that are more expensive than newer Mk4 secondhand cars. Your cars is a lot older but you may find selling a 1.8 is just going to be a bit sticky as secondhand prices are due a correction downwards.

On the other hand it is getting late in the year to sell a droptop, getting into winter 4WD time.

If possible maybe wait until next year. That may not suit your circumstances.

That was a great help I'm sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red Sold
18 Mk4 2.0 GT+
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby IanH » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:07 pm

Various forums as suggested by Robin and with plenty of pictures. GLWS
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby sas268s » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:09 pm

All – Many thanks, good comments.

I am about to remove the private registration number, which makes it real!

Fingers crossed it goes to a good home.

Very best,
Stephen
sas268s
OC Member
Stephen Stewart
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby 71NotOut » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:13 am

I just sold my 1991 V-special last week for strong money with a thread on the mx5oc forum.

You might need to wait a while for the right buyer but they are out there.
Previously in a 2003 Montana, and a 1991 V-Special...Now in a Bongo!!
71NotOut
OC Member
Steven Hedley
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby sas268s » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Car now sold!
sas268s
OC Member
Stephen Stewart
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to General Chat