Just picked up my new MK4! Trim noise drivers door?

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Just picked up my new MK4! Trim noise drivers door?

Postby Go3asy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:20 am

Just picked up my new ND 1.5 Sport Nav in Arctic White! Haven't been on here i years as I sold my NC in 2014 and missed it since!

Unfortunately the dealer made a small chip/ding on a door which it needs to go back in for next week but other than that all good! Very happy with the deal I got and the ding should be a quick job for a bodywork pro to put right!

I am trying to get to the bottom of an annoying sound coming from the top side of the driver door - right beside my ear. Its not so much a rattle as it is a rubbing sound. Very annoying... and something I'd rather get to the bottom of myself as in the past I haven't had much luck with dealers permanently sorting out the odd rattle. Anyone else noticed this and got a solution? Sounds like its the painted top portion of the door card possibly. :D

Aside from that I found a couple of rubber grommets in the cubby hole in a sealed bag, should the dealer have installed these? I understand it's to plug up some transport holes under the sills.
Current - 2018 Arctic White ND 1.5 Sport Nav
Previous - 2007 Black NC 1.8
Go3asy

Re: Just picked up my new MK4! Trim noise drivers door?

Postby IanH » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Go3asy wrote:Just picked up my new ND 1.5 Sport Nav in Arctic White! Haven't been on here i years as I sold my NC in 2014 and missed it since!

Unfortunately the dealer made a small chip/ding on a door which it needs to go back in for next week but other than that all good! Very happy with the deal I got and the ding should be a quick job for a bodywork pro to put right!

I am trying to get to the bottom of an annoying sound coming from the top side of the driver door - right beside my ear. Its not so much a rattle as it is a rubbing sound. Very annoying... and something I'd rather get to the bottom of myself as in the past I haven't had much luck with dealers permanently sorting out the odd rattle. Anyone else noticed this and got a solution? Sounds like its the painted top portion of the door card possibly. :D

Aside from that I found a couple of rubber grommets in the cubby hole in a sealed bag, should the dealer have installed these? I understand it's to plug up some transport holes under the sills.

Yes

Not had a rubbing/rattle myself.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby Go3asy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Thought so. I need to pop in and see them tonight so I will bring that up! They put the wrong chassis number on the finance so I need to re-do it all :|
Current - 2018 Arctic White ND 1.5 Sport Nav
Previous - 2007 Black NC 1.8
Go3asy

Postby OldSpice » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:26 am

Go3asy wrote:They put the wrong chassis number on the finance so I need to re-do it all :|

Don't be so hasty. Perhaps someone else will have to pay for your car! :lol:
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Postby Enjay » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:24 am

Not had any noises like that with my RF.

If it's a rubbing-type noise, do the leather[?] seats touch anything? My MR2 Roadster does have a rubbing-like rattle and it's because when the seats are fully back (which I need) the rear of the seat, right behind my ear, sits against part of the plastic trim and it creaks and rattles sometimes. I keep meaning to put a small cloth pad or something on the trim where the seat touches it.
Enjay

Return to Technical