1989 Eunos Roadster free give away (strings attached :o) )

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

1989 Eunos Roadster free give away (strings attached :o) )

Postby kevinmorton » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:48 am

1989 Eunos Roadster needs a new home (and rehab :lol: )

I have a beautiful black 1989 Eunos Roadster that i have had for about 10 years. I have not used it in the last 5 years and have been looking to fix it up to a good standard. But in recent years I have not had the time or the money to do so.
My free storage will no longer be available (the parents driveway). So I need to move it soon. ie do it up or move on.

So MX5 Scotland I thought I would come to you first.

Im looking for a good home and for someone to restore it. I would much prefer this to sending it to the scrap heap. Preferably someone that has done it before because its not a small job.

The engine still turns over and I managed to move it a few weeks ago.
The sills are rusted through and will need welding and replacement.
some other body work will need fixed. No carpet.
Its got a new roll bar and new battery. It has tan leather seats and a signed ENardi steering wheel. Pretty dusty and some mould as you would expected.
You will need to arrange your own pick up from a G77 location - Not roadworthy.

To confirm - Yes im giving the car away for free.
Yes I would prefer to give it to someone to do it up.

If anyone thinks they are the best candidate to adopt please get in touch.
kevinmorton

Re: 1989 Eunos Roadster free give away (strings attached :o) )

Postby Macdond » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:58 am

Hey Kevin,

Depending on the state of the car, costs may make it not viable to restore as is the case with many restoration projects. I have found that to my cost, by the time I have finished my project I could have probably imported a rust free example from Japan.

Why don't you break the car or get someone to break it for you. This will generate a few quid and the items will go to prove useful on other members cars.

You may want to stick some pictures up, just to let people see how bad it is, however if it's through both sills then it's probably terminal...

It's a real shame to see these cars going off the road, however unless the price goes up significantly then it's going to happen more and more.
Macdond

Postby drumtochty » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:13 pm

I would give it a home and I am sure as a joint project between the Grampian and Tayside area we will get it back on the road.
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby IanH » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:18 pm

drumtochty wrote:I would give it a home and I am sure as a joint project between the Grampian and Tayside area we will get it back on the road.

Good one Eddie, would be a good project.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Return to Technical