1995 UK Spec 1.8iS (Edinburgh)

Advertise your unwanted items here. MX5Scotland accepts no responsibility for adverts that appear in this section. Posts automatically removed after 30 days.
Strictly No Trade Sales

1995 UK Spec 1.8iS (Edinburgh)

Postby tsoob » Tue May 30, 2017 7:56 pm

Hi all,

New job is in the city so my car isn't getting used like it used to. It's getting into summertime so i'd rather a motorbike.

I bought this is August last year as I needed a car due to my previous one being... shite. It has been used for motorway use mainly, as my old job involved plenty of 500+ mile journeys depending on what I was up to. I've never had an issue with it, it has never left me stranded. It has been on the European continent, hence has random stickers and headlight things and stuff, probably need some goo-off to remove all that.

The good:
iS: Power windows, remote fuel flap/boot release, stainless skirts/speaker covers
iPod/Bluetooth radio with infinity speakers
Cybul rollbar (yes it fits under a hardtop, I sold the hard top separately)
Mk2 Mohair roof - Glass screen
Ducktail
Some sort of sports exhaust, no idea on make
MOT until 10th April 2018
Undersealed and sills Dinitrol'd - No major rot (There is minor rot, it is a UK car - see below)
Miata badge for +50hp

Within the last 3000 miles:
Complete service including all fluids, filters and timing belt
4 new tyres
New shocks/springs (Sachs standard OEM replacement)
Brakes rebuilt, new pads
Drivers side driveshaft replaced due to worrying clunk.

Within the last 500 miles:
Oil change
MOT
Wheel alignment
Rocker cover gasket was leaking, hence replaced

Bad bits:
113,xxx miles
Guards have been rolled and flared by the previous owner - might be ideal if you plan to fit wider track wheels, however
Open diff - Absolutely nothing wrong with it, but it ain't no LSD
There is bubbling on the drivers side arch. Not huge huge, but it needs to be rubbed back and painted again. Nothing to do with the sills, nothing structurally significant.
It has been a motorway car so there is minor paintwork scuffs and stuff especially around the front end
The roof has a patch in it (It's watertight - Top left in the photo, near the screen)
One of the wheels is grey and the grey paint is flaking, so it needs a repaint on that one wheel
The heater rear window connection to the roof has failed and i'm not game to solder on the glass (heated window circuit itself worked fine with the hardtop)
One of the wheels is grey, rest are factory colour. Guards have been rolled by the previous owner, so I assume the new owner will put new wheels on it anyway, I only used the standard ones as I was doing bulk motorway miles so wanted comfy tyres with lots of sidewall

Spare parts:
Various interior trim panels
A further 3 grey alloys
Open diff
Driveshaft

Located in Edinburgh, i'm after 1200 quid. Perfect if you want a motorway beater which is mechanically solid, a good basis for a track car, or just a generally mechanically sorted car to get around in.

tsoob
OC Member
Matt Dennis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: 1995 UK Spec 1.8iS (Edinburgh)

Postby OldSpice » Wed May 31, 2017 8:09 am

Looks like a Clio from here! :lol:
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Postby Rasc » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:20 am

Check your pic my friend, this forum has issues resizing images and just crops it from lh side.
MK1 RS Ltd, FM turbo, Motec ECU, Wilwood 4 pots, Tien coilovers, cusco rollbar, original BBS and Recaro's
MK2 RS, white, turbo, koni sports, in pieces right now..
Rasc

Postby tsoob » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:33 pm

It's ok, i'm sure anyone interested will want me to send proper, high detailed pictures anyway!
tsoob
OC Member
Matt Dennis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby drumtochty » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:08 pm

Sorted!

99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns