Alignment Time

Post here if you require help or have information that may assist others with their MX-5.

Alignment Time

Postby IanH » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Jim add the team welcome 16 of us to Reidline Performance in Kintore (http://www.reidlineperformance.co.uk) where they will carry out a full alignment session using the Hunter laser alignment machine.

Richard has won the draw to have his MK1 used for the demonstration session. The car is in excellent order underneath and there were no issues in loosening the bolts to make the alignment changes. I think Richard may have some spare bolt sets for sale :D

My car is up on the scissor lift to be used as a demonstrator of the various components and adjustable elements under the car that go into getting an alignment set properly.

Standard alignment settings for each model are stored in the Hunter machine database.

Barry takes us through the various readings from Richard's car, Harvey (not in picture) makes adjustments that are reflected in the outputs on the screen.

Richard reviews that which is about to be put back in to alignment.

People try and look knowledgeable...

My car stay's overnight and has Eibach pro-kit springs (which are the ones Mazda will sell you directly) and a specific alignment applied. (will try and get this image orientation sorted!)

Here we are after a very happy drive home, lighter more 'pointy' steering and rock steady cornering without rock hard suspension :lol:

Can thoroughly recommend this place if you're looking for an alignment, tuning, servicing, accessories or a quality selection of used cars too.

Video put together by Phil.

https://youtu.be/-yffsM0XprM
https://www.facebook.com/Reidlineperformance/

Big thanks to Jim, Andy, Robert, Harvey, Barry, Wayne, Craig, Phil and the Real Apprentice (who's name I've forgotten and that isn't listed on the website... apologies to anyone else I've forgotten! :oops:
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Re: Alignment Time

Postby Scotty Dugg » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Looks like a good day out, wish I'd of known they could do that instead of driving to Sheffield when I had the NC.

The ND looks much better Ian, has the ride improved? Any other additions due? or is the body roll now under sufficient control.

Been keeping an eye out for you, but still no sign :roll:
Scotty Dugg
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby IanH » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:27 pm

Yes Reidline are handy to have on the doorstep, spread the word :D

The ride (comfort) is as good as before and cornering is definitely flatter so mission achieved from that perspective.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby OldSpice » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:30 pm

There's no need for anyone in Scotland to go to England for alignment.
In addition to Redline we have ProGrip in Falkirk and the likes of Dreadnhought in Callander, amongst others.
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Return to Technical