Hi guys

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Hi guys

Postby paulfhome » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:15 pm

Found this forum looking for advice after the unfortunate demise of our current MK2.5 to corrosion. I will be posting the the appropriate section if it is any good for spares/repairs. Meanwhile good news is we have found a replacement,another Mk2.5 22k miles and clean as a whistle. Only problem is have had to go down to Maidstone for it. Just waiting for delivery now!
paulfhome

Re: Hi guys

Postby IanH » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:16 pm

Welcome along, look forward to seeing some pictures of your car when you get it.
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Postby drumtochty » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:51 pm

Yes southern Englandshire cars can be a good bit cleaner than Scottish and cars north of the Midlands.
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby paulfhome » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:08 pm

Will be happy to post pics once I have the car (Due to be delivered on Tuesday) and once I have figured out how to attach them to a post. This car was far more expensive than I was first prepared to pay for but having seen it, it's got 22k on the clock, and is in better condition than our last one when it was purchased at 2 years old. It was apparently garaged and did less than 1k per year for the last 6 years, absolute stunner. I used to own Jags (XK8's and XK6's) but the wifes MX5 was always the better drive, so we have stretched to have this one, whilst we are still fit young enough to get the most out of it!
paulfhome

Postby JimF » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:32 pm

Here is the link on the forum on how to post photos, its in the Frequently asked questions section of the forum. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8592
JimF
OC Member
Jim Ford
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby paulfhome » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Thanks for that. Pictures next week then
paulfhome

Postby paulfhome » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:27 pm

OK, an update. Yesterday, almost 3 weeks after getting the car beloved and I finally went out for a proper drive. "Tara" as she has been christened feels a lot "tighter" in every respect compared to the last one, it is surprising how much a car loosens up over it's lifetime and the difference is quite a revelation. Overall a good thing, though the engine doesn't feel like it revs as freely as our last. but it is a lot smoother. All bodes well for some fun drives come the spring proper
paulfhome

Postby drumtochty » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:07 pm

If it has had a cambelt replaced it is difficult to get the valve timing spot on and that can take the sparkle of the acceleration. I did a Mk2 and it was fine but not wonderful and I checked again and it was slightly off. Redid the timing and the sparkle was back.
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to New Users