Mx5 welding

Details of Trusted and Recommended garages in the East of Scotland.

Mx5 welding

Postby tjay » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi, I and several others have used Dave Ross body shop and painting to replace rear wheel arches and sill on both Mk1 & Mk2's to great effect. To my knowledge he has done several Tayside members cars plus others from further afield. His contact Number is - 07752 960994
Paul Mitchell (North Isla Street Paint shop ) also uses Dave on occasions for welding work too as he now mainly concentrates on panel spraying to all manor of vehicles and caravans. very good too !!
Recommend both of them.
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: Mx5 welding

Postby borderer » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:13 pm

Can definitely recommend Dave, he did a thorough repair and respray of my Mk1 which was suffering a bad attack of tin worm..
He was very straightforward to deal with and produced a top quality finish.
borderer

Postby Richardn » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:47 am

Good to see Paul is subbing out the welding, as he hasn't a clue about the structure of an Mx-5,

but his painting is good
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Starron21 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:05 pm

Hi, Just had Dave Ross repair the rear sills on my NBFL Nevada. Dave certainly knows his way round these cars and he also has his own Mk1 Merlot as a work in progress. I was very pleased with the work Dave did and would definitely use him again if needed.
By the way, had car MOT'd at MTS car services, Dunsinane Ave, Dundee today. Passed with no advisories, and even better, it was only £18 through Groupon. This deal is still available if anyone is interested. The guy on reception was cheery enough, can't really comment on any of their other work though,

Regards,
Ronnie.
Starron21

Return to East Scotland Garages